Emergency Water Extraction / Water Damage Restoration
There is never a good time to experience water damage in your home or business but having the right team on your side to help you through it is what matters. That is where we come in! We've experienced many different situations through our experience and training and have all of the staff and equipment to get the job done right. Our job is to not only provide the best water removal service possible, but to ease your mind and take a stressful situation and make it better. We understand at the core just how devastating having water damage can be and we work hard to take that stress away as much as possible.
More Benefits Of Our Water Damage Restoration Service
- We provide all documentation you need for your insurance and work directly with them to handle your claim.
- We work days, nights, weekends, and holidays around the clock. When you need us we are there.
- Rapid Response - we do our very best to arrive quickly and safely to begin work right away. Many times our response time is less than an hour.
- Water Removal Experts - we go through continuing education to stay up to date and the best methods and technology to dry your property quickly and properly.
- Types Of Water Damage We Fix - pipe breaks, appliance failure, frozen pipe, roof leaks, foundation failure, sump pump failure, storm damage, sewage backup, and much more.
- Safety & Protection - safety is very important to us and we utilize many procedures and signage to keep the area safe while we're working.
Mold Testing & Removal / Remediation
There is a lot of misinformation about mold but we would like to clear some of that up. Mold can be harmful to your health depending on the levels and how much you have been exposed. Mold also affects each person differently. There are some people who have no negative reactions to it while some are extremely sensitive. Mold can cause headaches and respiratory issues depending on your sensitivity. Many people do not seek out mold removal or mold remediation simply because it hasn't affected them health wise. Beyond health, mold can be damaging to the structural integrity of your property as well as significantly devaluing it as well. Just because you do not feel the effects of the mold now, doesn't mean you will not develop any later. So, even if you're unfazed health wise we strongly recommend having the mold remediated properly so that there are no issues long-term.
Mold Remediation - How Do We Do It?
- Inspection & Testing - the first steps are to figure out what kind of mold we are dealing with as each have their own protocol for remediation. We do a complete thorough inspection to determine the scope of work.
- Containment - Once we've identified all of the affected areas we contain those areas using barriers so that we do not spread spores as we're working. We also use air filtration devices to filter the air as we're disturbing the mold spores to keep them contained and remove them.
- Removal - we remove any affected materials such as drywall or fabric. Most wood can be cleaned and sealed using sanding or soda blasting but may need replaced depending on the damage. We also clean the entire area as well as use HEPA vacuuming in the removal process.
- Post Testing - we can provide post-testing to ensure the mold has been properly remediated and removed.
More Important Water Damage Information
Bill Of Rights When Having Professional Water Damage Restoration
Many homeowners are unaware of their rights as a homeowner or property owner when they experience flood damage, sewage backup, or water damage in their home. Below we are going to list some do's and don'ts to help you with the water damage restoration process.
- The first step is to ensure all occupants are safe. Be sure to stay clear of any slip-fall areas and make sure the area is safe from the risk of electric shock.
- If you know where the source of water is coming from, shut off the water supply if possible. If you're not able to shut off the water supply or you experience a sewage backup, we recommend calling a plumber. We have many excellent references should you need one.
- Call a professional water damage company like Service King. We will arrive quickly with friendly staff ready to help day or night.
- We recommend calling your insurance company and getting a claim started. However, we can provide an estimate for you to make that decision on whether or not you would like to file a claim.
- When calling your insurance company, they may recommend a water damage company to you. You as the property owner have the right to choose whoever you want to perform the water damage mitigation services on your property. Some insurance companies may claim they cannot guarantee anything unless you use their preferred vendor however that is not true. Your guarantee and warranty are with the water damage contractor who performs the water damage repairs. We work for you, our client, and will always do what is in the best interest for you, your property and your health.
- Our job as a water damage company in Cedar City UT is to restore your property back to pre-loss condition. We are more than happy to advise and help you navigate your water damage claim with your insurance company. As a convenience for you, we can and will prepare all necessary documentation to submit to your insurance company on your behalf. We are also more than happy to communicate with your insurance adjuster to keep them up-to-date on how the water damage repairs are going.
- You have the right to choose building materials of higher value than the materials currently on the property. Please understand, that your insurance company will only pay for like kind and quality minus depreciation of those materials in most situations. Should you desire to have higher quality materials be replaced, you will be responsible for those costs out of pocket unless your insurance policy has a special section that allows it. For any questions regarding the types of materials and textiles to be replaced, we recommend asking your insurance adjuster. Again we can communicate with them and find this information for you as well.
- For mold removal situations - your insurance may or may not cover mold removal and remediation so we recommend asking. It is always a good idea to call your insurance agent and discuss your coverage every 6-12 months to ensure you're properly protected in the event a claim needs to be made.
- We do provide mold testing services. However, if we are going to be doing the mold removal or remediation, we will use a 3rd party to test before work begins and after work has finished for final clearance.
- Lastly, when it comes to water damage and mold. It is imperative to act as quickly as possible to begin the water damage process. The longer you wait, the more secondary damage is done, the higher the costs, and the more likely that mold will begin to grow. When you discover water damage or flood damage on your property, you lessen you chance for mold by 70-80% be calling a water restoration professional within the first 4-8 hours.